COVID Safe Procedures
Classes are permitted in Level 1 or 2 areas by the Scottish Govt under COVID safe operating guidelines for indoor group exercise if the following measures are strictly adhered to.
3 Key Rules to remember please
- Bring your own Yoga mat
- Wear a face covering to move around the venue
- Adhere to the COVID safe instructions sent with your booking and listed here:
COVID Safe Instructions
Instructions may vary slightly depending on venue
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID please do not attend classes and follow Govt guidance on self-isolation.
- Be aware your contact details will be used to share with NHS Scotland for Test & Protect if requested.
- Please bring a yoga mat and arrive in your yoga gear to avoid changing
- When moving around the venue please wear a face covering and maintain a 2 metre distance from others
- Observe the one way system and use the hand santisers provided
- Place your yoga mat in front of one of the marked spots to ensure safe distancing during class
- We’ll operate a staggered exit from class to ensure 2 m spacing between each other is maintained
- Feel free to request a copy of the full COVID Risk Assessment for the venue you are attending from Rona if required
- If the class is cancelled due to Govt changes or you are unable to attend for COVID isolation reasons, please head to the Online Class link sent with your booking email
- If at ANY time you are uncomfortable taking part or circumstances change please head to the Online Class or get in touch with Rona for a refund.
Thank you for your respect and co-operation.
How Online Yoga works
There are 2 ways to practice Online Yoga with me:-
A Live Class which is always available on catch-up. Some are held on a private YouTube link and some on Zoom. You will need to book and pay for these here.
All venue classes in-person come with a weekly live & catch-up Online Back-up class.
Rona Main Yoga YouTube Channel which offers free access from a wide range of recorded classes and meditations – take your pick. Simply click here.
Even better – subscribe to the channel!
The Techy bit – how it works
These are private unlisted YouTube classes so only paying guests have access.
- Choose a class or block of classes from the timetable and book here
- You will receive Private YouTube links with your booking confirmation email – please keep these links in a safe place
- You can choose to use the Playlist Link or the Individual Class Links. In both cases, head to the class marked with the live date you’re after.
- Simply click on the link and I’ll be there at the live class times
- A countdown appears before the start so you know you in the right place
- You don’t need to be registered with or logged into YouTube
- If you miss the live stream simply click on this same link anytime during or after the live stream to join on catch-up
- Catch-up classes are available for 7 days after the live stream
- These are one-way classes so I cannot see you but you will see and hear me
- It’s possible to hook YouTube up to your TV using a Google Chromecast or similar. Most use their device screens.
- Choose a class or block of classes from the timetable and book here
- You will receive a Zoom meeting link & ID Code with your booking confirmation email – please keep this in a safe place
- If you’ve booked a block of classes – please use the same meeting link and ID Code every time
- Simply click on the meeting link to join the meeting and I’ll be there 10 mins before the start
- There’s no passcode but you’ll be placed in the waiting room and I will let you in
- Feel free to switch on your microphone on to say Hi
- Equally, please choose to keep your mic and video switched off if this is your preference
- Other ways to access Zoom: If you are registered with Zoom, log on and enter the meeting ID code. You can register for Zoom here https://zoom.us/join
- You don’t need the Zoom App but it some prefer to have it installed
- Miss a live Zoom class?: You can watch the recording. You’ll need to wait until the class is finished. I then email you a class recording link and passcode which you can simply click on anytime to catch-up.
- Recorded classes are available for 7 days after the live time
Back-up Online Classes
Booking an in-person venue class automatically gives you access to a weekly online class as a back-up. These are held on a private YouTube link. This is to prepare us for a quick switch online if venues need to close or you’re unable to attend.
In this event, go to your booking confirmation email and click on the most recent online class link – either via the Playlist or the Individual Class links. These classes are live Monday’s at 12 pm or available anytime on catch-up for 7 days.
Benefits of Online Yoga
Online Yoga and home exercise is now the norm and I really enjoy teaching you this way. There are great benefits: no travel time or costs, no childcare, no fancy yoga gear – PJ’s are fine, you can do the class in your own time or repeat, whack up the heating or head outside on a nice day. You can even go straight to sleep after Savasana.
For smooth hassle free Online Yoga ensure you have a suitable device (laptop, tablet or smartphone) and a WiFi connection. Charge it up and pick a warm quiet spot anywhere in your home. Light a candle. Play music! If you are playing digital music you’ll need 2 devices and remember to mute your mic if you’re on Zoom. Arrive to class in plenty time to settle in. Equally, join at the last minute!
Level & Style of Yoga
Classes are suitable for all ages and abilities. Everyone is welcome including beginners who can try the Online Beginners Induction here in 10 min stages and lasting an hour:-
Want to progress and gain experience? Classes are suitable for those with Yoga experience. All classes include optional challenging postures. Yoga Philosophy is threaded into simple class themes – nothing too heavy but based on ancient Yoga principles which we focus on in class and adapt ‘off-the-mat’ in life.
Classes are an excellent antidote to those with competitive lives or who play competitive sport. Yoga can help your body and mind recover and can improve the longevity of what you enjoy doing, be it running, climbing or attending the gym.
Style of Yoga
My style of Yoga can be best described as Hatha Yoga – finding balance, drawn from a mix of traditional and modern influences. Students will learn and experience a variety of postures and flowing sequences, modified to suit individual needs and adapted for those wanting a challenge. I encourage Students to build strength & flexibility at their own pace and to work closely with the breath.
Classes are balanced with restorative relaxation and light-touch meditative techniques. Themes vary each week, however I aim to put gratitude, openness and collaboration at the heart of every class. Helping regulars find contentment or Santosha through Yoga, is a recurring theme.
My approach is simple:-
- Yoga is for Everyone and Everyone benefits
- Classes are suitable for all ages and abilities, including beginners
- Progression is encouraged every week
Classes are all about YOU….!
… but if you wish to review my qualifications and a brief description of my Yoga Teaching experience of over 10 years please click here
What is Yoga?
In very simple terms, Yoga is an ancient holistic practice for all ages & abilities to help strengthen the body, deepen the breath and still the mind. This is achieved on a yoga mat in your bare feet by working into postures, known as Asanas to gradually build strength & flexibility. A closer relationship with the breath & energy is developed through breath extension techniques known as Pranayama. Simple Relaxation&Meditationpractices also help the whole body to let-go and a busy mind to quieten. Yoga is a strengthening, settling and low impact practice for all stages of your life.
What to bring to class
It’s really simple……..
- Yoga mat
- Face mask
- Something warm for the relaxation like a fleece or blanket
- A screen device if attending online
If you are practicing at home ensure the room is reasonably warm and try soft lighting like a lamp or a candle. Play your favourite music at home too or head to my Spotify page for a choice of Yoga Playlists on rmainyoga.
Please bring anything else that makes you comfortable.
What if I miss class?
If you’ve booked and have to missed a class there are a number of catch-up options:-
- For venue classes missed, please head straight to the Online Back-Up link sent with your booking email. These classes run weekly and are in line with what’s taught in class.
- For online classes missed on YouTube, please click on the link anytime during or after the live stream to join the class on catch-up. Available for 7 days.
- For online classes missed on Zoom, please wait to be emailed the class recording and click on the link and enter the recording passcode to join on catch-up. Available for 7 days.
Please get in touch with Rona any time about classes you miss, changed circumstances or if you have changed your mind about attending classes in-person.
Health & Ability
Classes are suitable for all ages and abilities including beginners.
Yoga can be adapted around most health conditions and fitness levels by listening out for the posture modifications and going at your own pace.
3 Golden Rules for a safe and accessible practice:-
- New Starts: Please complete this Health Form and return to me by email. Please contact me to discuss health matters at any time. Regulars: Please notify me of any changes to your health or injuries.
- I never put anyone on the spot, but listen out for posture modifications and follow the different stages we build up to.
- Aim to be non-competitive with yourself and in comparison to others
Health Benefits of Yoga
There are too many to mention but my motto is … ”you’ll be the judge of the benefits!”
With regular practice, you will improve your strength, flexibility and energy levels. You will experience improved breathing qualities, a more relaxed body, a calmer mind and your approach to life can soften over time. This is achieved through practice of the physical postures and sequences, taking time in class for breathing techniques known as pranayama and usually 10 mins at the end for seated meditation or a lying down relaxation known as Savasana.
For more information about the style of Yoga I teach please click here.
Booking & Payment
Classes run in 6 week blocks during Aberdeenshire School terms.
Booking a block of classes brings a strong commitment and is cheaper.
Can I book for a drop-in class?
Yes of course. Subject to space availability in the venue classes and the costs are typically £1-£1.50 more expensive per class than block bookings.
How to book and pay
Please head to the Timetable & Booking page.
A confirmation email will follow with online class links included
If you have trouble booking direct please get in touch for my bank details or PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org with thanks.
Please check the Booking Page for concession classes or get in touch with a simple request for a concession. Thank you.